- A parasitic worm with a thornlike proboscis for attachment to the gut of vertebrates. Also called spiny-headed worm.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phylum Acanthocephala
- Cockroaches infested with another species of thorny-headed worm are also attracted to light.
- They captured mole crabs to record their size, reproductive status and infestation by thorny-headed worms, for which these crabs are intermediate hosts.
- Acanthocephalans are a type of metazoan parasite, also known as thorny-headed worms.
Más definiciones de thorny-headed wormDefinición de thorny-headed worm en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.