A bivalve mollusc of warm seas, the pinkish-brown shell of which is heavily ribbed and bears blunt or flattened spines.
- Family Spondylidae: Spondylus and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I can still see the vivid orange flesh of a large thorny oyster, its shell spread open and decorated with a quilt of coral.
- By late prehispanic times, the thorny oyster was distributed widely throughout the central Andes.
- However, there are many marine parks and sanctuaries in which the thorny oysters may be found.
Definición de thorny oyster en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.