- 1In a thorough manner: he searched the house thoroughlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This involved thoroughly cleaning the house, rather a lot of food preparation and blowing up about twenty balloons.
- Houses and shops are thoroughly cleaned to make a fresh new start and to host holiday visitors.
- Everyone followed him and spilt up, searching the entire island thoroughly.
- 2Very much; greatly: I thoroughly enjoyed the day [as submodifier]: she was soon thoroughly boredMás ejemplos en oraciones
utterly, downright, absolutely, completely, totally, entirely, really, perfectly, profoundly, properly, consummately, surpassingly, positively, simply, unconditionally, unreservedly, categorically, incontrovertibly, unquestionably, undeniably, in every respect, through and through, outright
- Although immensely stressful, she thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of her wedding preparation.
- Although windy, the weather stayed dry and all the participants thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- All the participants thoroughly enjoyed the walk on the famed Pilgrim Path.