Definición de thrall en inglés:
1 [mass noun] literary The state of being in someone’s power, or of having great power over someone: she was in thrall to her abusive husband
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another is to suppose that those who disagree with us are in thrall to some evil power.
- We live in a world dominated by the private sector and governments in thrall to it.
- We want food freed from the grip of science rather than further in thrall to it.
2 archaic A slave, servant, or captive.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lowest in the social order were the thralls, or slaves.
- Later that night, the two flew into the village and laid waste to it, killing some people while making thralls of others.
- No, they would not allow themselves to become the helpless thralls of that traitor.
Old English thrǣl 'slave', from Old Norse thræll.
thraldom (also thralldom) sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The river maps the feudarchy of northern India, to which their lives are bound; but from the river's culture, also, comes the expressive lyricism that redeems them, however temporarily, from their thralldom.
- Council house sales freed hundreds of thousands from virtual thraldom, and her union reforms released untold numbers more from the iniquities of the closed shop and secondary picketing.
- Having sloughed off the social illiteracy that was Marxism, after 72 years, western Europe is again in thraldom to the delusions of Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Palabras que riman con thrallall, appal (US appall), awl, Bacall, ball, bawl, befall, Bengal, brawl, call, caul, crawl, Donegal, drawl, drywall, enthral (US enthrall), fall, forestall, gall, Galle, Gaul, hall, haul, maul, miaul, miscall, Montreal, Naipaul, Nepal, orle, pall, Paul, pawl, Saul, schorl, scrawl, seawall, Senegal, shawl, small, sprawl, squall, stall, stonewall, tall, trawl, wall, waul, wherewithal, withal, yawl
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia