Definición de thresh en inglés:
- When they had secured Charles's crops, and threshed his corn, the only thing remaining to them was to return home.
- Yields for dryland crops will be low, making it difficult to keep enough material flowing into the combine to effectively thresh the crop without excessive damage to kernels and beans.
- The hired girls especially identify with the plough; they all had to help their families with the farms: herding cattle, growing crops, and threshing wheat.
- The shark was threshing wildly now as it was brought alongside, crimson blood gushing from its mouth and the open gills slits.
- The frenzy of participation reaches its acme during the immersion that concludes the festival, when thousands of worshippers thresh around the icons as they are taken in convoy to the Arabian Sea.
- And then she lashes out, brandishing her weapon and again there is an irruption of violence, a struggle on the floor, bodies threshing.
thrash from Old English:
Thrash and thresh are variant forms of the same Old English word. The Germanic root sense was probably ‘to tramp with the feet’. Thrash was used for treading out corn by men or oxen; when beating with a flail replaced treading, thresh was restricted to producing grain, and thrash extended to more generalized notions of knocking, beating, and striking. In threshold (Old English) the first element is related to thresh in the Germanic sense ‘tread’, but the origin of the second element remains unknown.
Palabras que riman con threshafresh, Andhra Pradesh, Bangladesh, crème fraîche, enmesh, flesh, fresh, intermesh, Kesh, Madhya Pradesh, Marrakesh, mesh, nesh, Uttar Pradesh
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.