sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The dissolution of a blood clot, especially as induced artificially by infusion of an enzyme into the blood.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- By contrast, patients can have thrombolysis administered by medical or paramedical staff at first contact before admission to hospital, and there is strong evidence that early administration improves outcome.
- Antithrombotic therapy, antiplatelet therapy, and thrombolysis are beneficial for acute coronary syndrome but harmful for aortic dissection.
- Therapeutic thrombolysis for acute myocardial infarction is standard practice, but not so for ischaemic stroke, the ‘brain attack’ equivalent of heart attack.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even so, thrombolytic therapy of pulmonary embolism does not dissolve the clot completely as it does with acute coronary thrombosis, and increases the risk of bleeding.
- In addition, those using HRT who received thrombolytic therapy did not have an increased risk for hemorrhagic stroke compared to nonusers.
- The authors conclude that adenosine as an adjuvant to thrombolytic therapy in patients with acute MI can reduce the infarction size.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: thromb|oly¦sis
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda