sustantivo (plural thromboses /θrɒmˈbəʊsiːz/)[mass noun]
Local coagulation or clotting of the blood in a part of the circulatory system: increased risk of thrombosis [count noun]: a coronary thrombosis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Patients present with local pressure symptoms, thrombosis, or distal embolisation.
- One complication is a blood clot or thrombosis blocking the flow to the fistula.
- Small or large vessels may be affected, with local thrombosis or thromboembolism from artery to artery or cardiac embolism.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was diagnosed with a thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura like syndrome and was treated with daily plasma exchange and steroids.
- The pathogenesis of arterial thrombotic disease involves multiple genetic and environmental factors related to atherosclerosis and thrombosis.
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome is similar to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura but does not present with neurologic changes.
Early 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek thrombōsis 'curdling', from thrombos 'blood clot'.
Palabras que riman con thrombosisapotheosis, chlorosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, kenosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, necrosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, sclerosis, symbiosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda