- Flash floods with thunder and lightning were rampant at the weekend.
- We hear thunder because lightning heats the air to more than 43,000 degrees, causing the air to quickly expand.
- There were hailstones, rarely heard loud thunder, lightning, strong gusty winds and sheets of rain.
- A faint, high pitched whine grew and began to pulse through the ship, a counterpoint to the deeper thunder of the turbines.
- Interspersed with this was the terrifying thunder of planes and the blast of the bombs.
- The thunder of the drums rang out around Newbridge town centre on Friday night, sounding the start of Bealtaine, the town s annual arts festival.
- No wonder he looks almost orgasmic as he says in a voice of thunder, ‘I have the powerrrrr!’
- God speaks to you in this book as much as if he came to the top of Sinai and lifted up his voice with thunder…
- With a voice oscillating between organ-like thunder and strangled quietness, Gambon brings out Hamm's terminal desperation.
- A correspondent with two Spaniels, for example, claimed that his dogs always know when it is thundering and lightning outside.
- When you hear it thunder, don't run under a tree.
- It was thundering and lightning all day, which is scary when you are using metal poles.
- The news on the TV screen had a surge of static and a loud noise simultaneously thundered throughout the colony.
- She is distracted by the splintering noises thundering in her ears.
- A sudden flash and a deep rumble thundered across the heaven.
- Pool forced a free-kick and Waite thundered a trademark strike in off the bar.
- Substitute Gary McSwegan thundered a 20-yard drive off the post before arriving seconds later right on cue in the six-yard box turning a low centre past McKenzie.
- Russell shot over in the 61st minute but two minutes later Maurice O'Shea thundered a 35-yard piledriver inches wide.
- The Herald's editorial thundered against the hot-headed motorists who had caused immense danger in Skipton over the Easter holiday.
- It was from this cathedral that John Knox thundered against the ‘monstrous regiment of women’ in the shape of the beauteous Mary Queen of Scots.
- Local columnists thundered against the failures of central government in Madrid.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What this thunderer didn't appear to realise was that elsewhere in that same Glasgow paper was a report that the police had issued ‘unprecedented security advice to scores of businesses’ in Edinburgh.
- ‘Three tiny wee sandwiches,’ fumed a informed source, not unadjacent to the SNP Lothians thunderer.
- Accordingly, when Jupiter subsequently reveals himself, Amphitryon recognizes the god's authority: ‘You are the mighty thunderer!’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A cooler gusty southwest change in the evening with raised dust and thundery showers to follow.
- A spokesman at Manchester Met Office said: ‘There is a good possibility of some thundery showers, particularly by the middle of the week.’
- But come Sunday, it's all change and there could be thundery downpours.
Old English thunor (noun), thunrian (verb), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch donder and German Donner (noun), from an Indo-European root shared by Latin tonare 'to thunder'.
Palabras que riman con thunderasunder, blunder, chunder, hereunder, plunder, rotunda, sunder, thereunder, under, up-and-under, wonder
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: thun|der
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.