Definición de thyme en inglés:
A low-growing aromatic plant of the mint family. The small leaves are used as a culinary herb and the plant yields a medicinal oil.
- Genus Thymus, family Labiatae: many species, in particular common (or garden) thyme (T. vulgaris)
- Add all the spices, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, shallots, garlic, vanilla pod and lemon slices.
- Other powerful herbs include dill, garden thyme, rosemary and peppermint.
- Home grown herbs would have included coriander, dill, thyme, opium poppy and summer savoury.
- Example sentences
- Peppered Parmesan ‘French fries’ were all peppery at the front of the tongue and thymy at the back.
- The air is sweetened by the thymy odours of mountain and moor.
- Above hung the thymy hill where dry grasses and bracken murmured or screamed in the wind.
Definición de thyme en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan