- Thyroid medicine can replace the hormone your thyroid gland usually makes.
- When your thyroid gland produces too much of the hormone thyroxine, you develop hyperthyroidism.
- This happens because the thyroid gland is not functioning properly.
- He was horrified that I had been taking dried animal thyroid and put me on Synthroid.
- Any patient with suspected myxedema coma should be treated presumptively with thyroid hormone.
- A month later, after he started taking thyroid extract, the life of the patient had been transformed.
- The epiglottis is a flap-like cartilage connected to the thyroid cartilage.
- The corpsman then palpated the thyroid cartilage and found the ‘Adam's apple’ or laryngeal prominence.
- The hyoid bone, thyroid cartilage, and cricoid cartilages are located within the central portion of the neck.
Early 18th century (as an adjective): from Greek (khondros) thureoeidēs 'shield-shaped (cartilage)', from thureos 'oblong shield'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: thy|roid
Definición de thyroid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.