Definición de tic en inglés:
1A habitual spasmodic contraction of the muscles, most often in the face.
- In contrast, complex motor tics usually involve more muscle groups.
- Others discovered that after months or years of treatment they developed uncontrollable muscle twitches or tics that were often irreversible, even after stopping the drugs.
- Other children get stomach aches, headaches, heart palpitations or muscle tics.
1.1An idiosyncratic and habitual feature of a person’s behaviour: they’ve developed a verbal tic which involves repeating odd bits of each other’s utterances
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As I watched, he started to display another characteristic tic - smiling and giving her a lazy wink.
- The actor's tics and idiosyncrasies are in full flower here.
- But what of other sports stars and their sporting tics, traits and peculiarities?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India