- 1An exceptionally large ocean wave, especially one caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tsunamis, or monster tidal waves generated by volcanic eruptions, leveled Hilo in 1946 and 1961.
- We are not cursed with ice storms, hurricanes, volcano eruptions or tidal waves.
- One version, now seen as discredited, suggests it was made possible by a tidal wave caused by an underwater volcanic eruption.
- 1.1A widespread or overwhelming manifestation of an emotion or phenomenon: a tidal wave of crimeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Alex is rocked by a tidal wave of emotion when he visits Benny in jail.
- She felt a tidal wave of emotions at the sight of him.
- I assumed the squealing tires belonged to him and I was hit with a tidal wave of super emotions.
Más definiciones de tidal waveDefinición de tidal wave en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.