1Water brought or affected by tides.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mount Garibaldi is only 20 km from tidewater at the head of Howe Sound.
- Those four glaciated fjords generally are deep and have both tidewater and hanging glaciers (i.e. glaciers that have retreated from tidewater, sometimes dramatically).
- Founded in 1635 as the first Puritan settlement above tidewater, the town appears connected to its past, even after nearly 370 years of growth and change.
1.1North American An area that is affected by tides, especially eastern Virginia: [as modifier]: tidewater country
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- American Black Ducks are historically found in forested wetlands, tidewater areas, and coastal marshes of eastern North America.
- Those from the coastal states came from the hilly, interior backcountry rather than the coastal tidewater areas.
- Nineteenth-century urban and industrial development of the eastern seaboard bypassed tidewater Maryland and left its few towns, Chestertown among them, distinctive for their isolation.
Definición de tidewater en:
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda