Definición de tierce en inglés:
3(In piquet) a sequence of three cards of the same suit.
- You might sink an additional trio or tierce if the three points gained would cause you to fail to win the cards.
- Currently, the government tax is 12 per cent on simple pools such as win, place and quinella, and 20 per cent on exotic bets like tierce, double tierce and triple tierce.
4 Fencing The third of eight parrying positions.
- He reduced the number of useful guards to four and named them, ‘prima, seconda, terza and quarta ‘corresponding somewhat to our modern prime, second, tierce and quarte.’
- A commonly used sabre parry, the three or tierce, is rarely seen in foil or épée so can be used to your advantage once you have mastered it.
late Middle English: variant of terce.
tierce de Picardie
- Music A major third in the final chord of a piece in a minor key.Example sentences
- Duality is resolved in a final tierce de Picardie.
- Beginning in the relative major it marches through just about every key until finally finishing off with a densely orchestrated, most satisfying tierce de Picardie.
- The four-part Fugue is in irregular 5/4 time, rigorously built up and emotionally profound as well as frantic; it leads to another transcendental tierce de Picardie.
Definición de tierce en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary