- A specialized connection of two adjacent animal cell membranes such that the space usually lying between them is absent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Diffusion barriers have been formed in various cell membranes, including the tight junction, the neck of the bud of the budding yeast, and the boundaries between different compartments in the sperm.
- The elastases disrupt the integrity of the epithelial barrier by disrupting epithelial cell tight junctions and interfering with mucociliary clearance.
- The tight junctions between cells help to prevent microbial invasion.
Más definiciones de tight junctionDefinición de tight junction en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.