Definición de timber en inglés:
- The rainforest is being cleared legally and illegally for timber, for pulp wood to make paper, and to make way for oil palm plantations.
- An abundance of coppice woods, known as spring woods, were required to provide charcoal, tan bark, fuel wood and timber.
- They cleared some of the natural broadleaf woodland to make way for sheep pastures; they also coppiced or managed other parts of the woodland for timber and firewood.
- Today, top grade oak timber is increasingly hard to find, with borer-perforated trees more suitable for paper or pulpwood.
- That's because until seedlings reach green-up, regulations keep adjacent cut blocks of marketable timber off limits to loggers.
- The cooperative has formed forest protection teams that have helped in the confiscation of illegally cut timber.
- The low, irregular ceiling is crisscrossed with beams made from ships' timbers and a log fire crackles merrily in the hearth.
- The house or building is reinforced with timbers supporting the floors inside.
- Cedar, fir, and pine were the preferred ship timbers of the ancient Mediterranean.
- A woman just will not be accepted as presidential timber in the current macho-male-dominated political environment.
- I definitely think he is presidential timber.
- What is the real meaning of presidential timber?
Old English in the sense 'a building', also 'building material', of Germanic origin; related to German Zimmer 'room', from an Indo-European root meaning 'build'.
Timber originally meant a building as well as building material. Of Germanic origin, it is related to German Zimmer ‘room’, from an Indo-European root meaning ‘to build’.
Palabras que riman con timberlimber, marimba
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.