Kettledrums, especially when played by one musician in an orchestra.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Concertos for the timpani or kettledrums, the big boys of the orchestra, are certainly unusual but not entirely neglected.
- It therefore follows the example of Stravinsky's Concerto for Piano in being scored for an accompanying wind ensemble plus double bass and timpani rather than orchestra.
- The sound is still aggressive, but it's more orchestrated, so the other two musicians just play timpani and a couple songs with just drums and guitar, respectively.
late 19th century: from Italian, plural of timpano 'kettledrum', from Latin tympanum 'drum' (see tympanum).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the long introduction of the Finale, the timpanist is required to re-tune his instrument for the key change that follows.
- I could have easily been a concert percussionist and made a sweet living being lead timpanist for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Only serious timpanists with outstanding intonation skills should attempt Batigne's Duplex.
Definición de timpani en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.