- 1An informal way of playing cricket in which the batsman must run after every hit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That's not to say it was an innings of tip-and-run.
- After the first 15 overs of a game, when the field spreads outside the 25-yard circle, and accumulation via the old tip-and-run technique becomes the mode, one-day cricket settles into predictable patterns.
- 1.1 [as modifier] (Of a military raid) executed swiftly and followed by immediate withdrawal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first tip-and-run raid in Hastings occurred on 17 May when four Messerschmitt 109s circled the town, machine-gunning the streets in the West Hill area.