(also Tipp-Ex) British
sustantivo[mass noun] trademark
A type of correction fluid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Visitor 75,000 came from a University of Derby server, which leads me to believe it's the mighty Charby, so a congratulatory consignment of Tipp-Ex is being sent up to obscure the Gary Neville lettering on her England shirt.
- It was one of the Monkees' mums, she mixed paint and nail varnish and made Tipp-Ex.
- I use it with Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat which I dot on like Tipp-Ex to hide annoying discolourations, blemishes and dark eye circles.
Delete with correction fluid: go home and Tippex your friends' names out of your address book
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chris Klein, Jean Reno, Rebecca Romijin-Stamos and LL Cool J are among those who might be Tippexing it from their CV in years to come.
- And so my relationship with Liverpool developed through football stickers, team posters, and Tippexing player's names on to my pencil case, into something more adult.
- I sincerely hope that I am not being Tippexed out of address books when I am told that the night out with my best friend (plus Aileen and Toni) has been cancelled until further notice.
1960s: from German, from tippen 'to type' and Latin ex 'out'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Tip¦pex
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda