Definición de tissue culture en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology & Medicine
1The growth in an artificial medium of cells derived from living tissue.
- The antigen for spiking the specimens designated as CA 15-3 and CA 27.29 was derived from a cell line grown by aseptic tissue culture.
- Macrophages also can more easily be grown in tissue culture than stem cells, and future studies will even look at whether they can be genetically modified before transplantation.
- As a critical plant hormone, auxin modulates such diverse processes as tropic responses to light and gravity, general root and shoot architecture, organ patterning, vascular development and growth in tissue culture.
1.1 [count noun] A preparation of cells obtained by tissue culture.
- Sputum and tissue cultures usually reveal staphylococcal or streptococcal organisms as causative pathogens.
- Animal testing opponents say there are other ways to gather data, including the use of computer technology, cell tissue cultures and chemical toxicity tests.
- Diagnosis of infection therefore relies heavily on clinical parameters, with the aid of blood, surface, or tissue cultures to identify likely pathogens.
Definición de tissue culture en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan