- A class of tissues which are immunologically compatible with one another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A transplant will only be successful if your tissue type and the tissue type of the donor are a very close match.
- Bone marrow donors must have a tissue type that is compatible with the person who is going to receive their bone marrow.
- The couple, from Leeds, have so far had six unsuccessful attempts at in vitro fertilisation, but each time they either failed to produce an embryo of the right tissue type or the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.
verboVolver al principio
- 1 (tissue-type) [with object] Determine the tissue type of.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Blood samples taken by volunteer nurses from Royal Lancaster Infirmary will be tissue-typed to see if there is a match for Jennifer, or other patients.
- It costs £50 to tissue-type each new potential donor, so the Bradshaws are also trying to raise funds.
- He said: ‘Every person who joins the register will cost the Anthony Nolan Trust £70 to tissue-type their blood sample.'
- 1.1 (as noun tissue-typing) The assessment of the immunological compatibility of tissue from separate sources, particularly prior to organ transplantation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its director, Mohammed Taranissi, says 16 more British couples are currently in the process of applying to the HFEA for genetic screening and tissue-typing to help siblings.
- If you have in mind a fetus with no interests other than to want to be born healthily, and parents with no interest other than to want a source of stem cells, then allowing PGD for tissue-typing would seem most unethical.
- If anything, it is more likely that its decision to limit the use of PGD for tissue-typing was influenced by what it thinks the public thinks.