Definición de toboggan en inglés:
A long, light, narrow vehicle, typically on runners, used for sliding downhill over snow or ice.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then, my daughter slid off the toboggan head first into a snow bank, and when I pulled her out she took from her mouth her first missing tooth.
- In snow, it drove like a toboggan, but with worse steering.
- However, it is not yet clear if the New Year will start on a sufficiently white note to allow children in the Republic to dust off their snowboards and toboggans.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun tobogganing) Volver al principio
Ride on a toboggan: he thought he would enjoy the tobogganing
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On a six-night Winter Wonderland break in the Finnish village of Luosto, you can get cosy beside a log fire, peer skywards in search of the northern lights and choose between skating, riding, tobogganing and ice-fishing.
- Other popular winter sports include skiing, ice-skating, snowshoeing, and tobogganing.
- Or go dog sledding, tobogganing or ice-skating.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He concentrated on the production of winter scenes, with skaters, sleighs, tobogganers, and people playing kolf (an early form of golf), which convey a sense of delight in the picturesque aspects of Dutch leisure in the 17th century.
- In winter it becomes a snowy playground where tobogganers sail down a 1,700-foot sledding track while others try out snowshoes or cross-country skis.
- Upon its completion in 1885 an invitation was extended to the neighbouring Davos tobogganers to come over for a race.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Skiers, snowboarders, cross-country skiing enthusiasts, tobogganists and strollers rejoice in winter.
- The people from Turnbull Drive were there to complain about mysterious fireworks, shy lovers who shoot out street lights, and suicidal tobogganists as well as nutters who off-road in family sedans.
- Who needs sledging when you have got a team of tobogganists in your own head.
Definición de toboggan en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia