Definición de toff en inglés:
A rich or upper-class person.
- A ban won't just affect a few toffs and their rich country chums.
- Grand ambition: to meet a rich toff and get married
- A generation of rich and eccentric toffs with more money than sense block out what's happening in the world by immersing themselves in one party after another.
verbo(be toffed up) dated Volver al principio
Be smartly dressed: he was all toffed up in officer’s broadcloth
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, they bailed by cellphone shortly thereafter, after I'd already got toffed up and driven to the location.
- Later that day Nick's all toffed up and on his way to meet Leo.
- He presided over my graduation ceremony last year, toffed up in some ridiculous gown like he's the most educated man in Britain, rather than a bit of a prat.
mid 19th century: perhaps an alteration of tuft, used to denote a gold tassel worn on the cap by titled undergraduates at Oxford and Cambridge.
Definición de toff en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary