- 1A short rod of wood or plastic sewn to one side of a coat or other garment, pushed through a hole or loop on the other side and twisted so as to act as a fastener.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But she was fastened into her duties like a toggle into a duffel coat.
- When Adam had received a cut, after being hit in the eye by a duffel coat toggle, action had been taken.
- Duffle coat toggles used to be made from such nuts.
- 1.1A pin or other crosspiece put through the eye of a rope or a link of a chain to keep it in place.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This toggle holds the necklace together when it's passed through the clay loop.
- 1.2 (also toggle bolt) A kind of wall fastener for use on open-backed plasterboard, having a part that springs open or turns through 90° after it is inserted so as to prevent withdrawal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heavier objects can be supported with a molly style hollow wall fastener, a spiral threaded fastener, or a toggle bolt.
- If only one stud is located behind a unit, add a toggle bolt as an additional fastener.
- If you happen to hit framing while drilling, use a screw instead of a toggle bolt at that location.
- 2 (also toggle switch or toggle key) Computing A key or command that is operated the same way but with opposite effect on successive occasions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These include a power toggle with an LED power indicator, an input toggle to choose which video feed is functional, and an on-screen menu on/off switch.
- One of the control buttons is a toggle for the SuperBright feature (on, off, and movie), another button is a reset, and the remaining buttons control the menu system.
- The mixer application includes a nice feature for headphone use: a toggle switch turns on a small pre-amp that boosts signal output.
verboVolver al principio
- 1 [no object, with adverbial] Computing Switch from one effect, feature, or state to another by using a toggle: the play/pause button toggles between those functions [with object]: there are a number of attributes which can be toggled on or offMás ejemplos en oraciones
- While you are typing, there's a button which toggles between CAPS, lower case, numbers, and punctuation modes.
- One button toggles power on and off, another resets the display, and one exits the on-screen menu.
- The pilot will be able to use the touch-screen, manually toggle through the screens using the buttons on the throttle and side-stick controller or use a voice recognition system.
mid 18th century (originally in nautical use): of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de toggleDefinición de toggle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.