Definición de tomatillo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural tomatillos)
1An edible purple or yellow fruit which is chiefly used for sauces and preserves.
- The first course is a Mexican Baja lobster ceviche made with Patron 100 percent agave tequila, lobster, yellow grapefruit and tomatillos served with a Dos Equis or Negro Modelo beer.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapenos, and tomatillos and cook until the onion turns translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, tomatillos, jalapeno and garlic.
2The Mexican plant, related to the Cape gooseberry, which bears the tomatillo.
- Physalis philadelphica, family Solanaceae
- We raised several kinds of tomatoes, peppers, and squash, as well as beans, corn, tomatillos, watermelons, and an assortment of herbs and flowers, all in about 400 square feet.
- The tomatillo fruits well in Queensland, Australia, and in S. Africa.
early 20th century: from Spanish, diminutive of tomate 'tomato'.
Definición de tomatillo en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan