sustantivo (plural tombolos)
- A bar of sand or shingle joining an island to the mainland.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The longshore current can carry large amounts of sand along the coast and can form spits (narrow peninsulas of sand), barrier islands and tombolos (narrow sand deposits connecting a near-shore island with the beach).
- You'll just get a cascading series of problems to do with the mechanics of maintaining the tombolo at the same time as having a canal going through it.
- The sediments that form tombolos often form in ridges along an underwater wave-cut terrace.
late 19th century: from Italian, literally 'sand dune'.
Más definiciones de tomboloDefinición de tombolo en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.