- 1A large, flat inscribed stone standing or laid over a grave: his grin exposed his yellowed teeth like a row of tombstonesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The straight vertical edge that viewers see as they walk into the room could be an obelisk, a standing figure, or even a stone tombstone.
- The common motto, inscribed on memorials and tombstones is ‘Lest we forget.’
- Listed also are over 600 tombstones and grave slabs from the old cemetery in Aghamore.
- 2 (also tombstone advertisement) An advertisement listing the underwriters or firms associated with a new issue of shares, bonds, warrants, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It includes tombstone advertising with a searchable database of recent tombstones and one-click access to more detailed info on major financial transactions and company data.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun tombstoning) • informal Volver al principio
- Jump into the sea from a cliff or other high point: Harry is in hospital with two broken legs after he gave tombstoning a tryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr Goulding was not aware of dispersal orders having previously been used anywhere to stop tombstoning.
- There have been numerous reports of tombstoning in the area.
- The structure is a popular location for tombstoning despite annual warnings from the coastguard of its dangers.
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
Más definiciones de tombstoneDefinición de Tombstone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.