Definición de tongue-tied en inglés:
1Too shy or embarrassed to speak: Barbara was tongue-tied in the presence of her parents
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither could really speak, being tongue-tied and breathless.
- Anonymous messaging and chat rooms let you flirt to your heart's content without any embarrassment or getting tongue-tied.
- He became tongue-tied, embarrassed, and never acted like himself.
2Having a malformation restricting the movement of the tongue.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I was born tongue-tied in the most literal sense: the tissue connecting my tongue to the floor of my mouth was short and thick, limiting lingual movement.
- If you are medically tongue-tied, you shouldn't be able to touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth with your mouth open as wide as you can.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda