Definición de tongue-tied en inglés:
1Too shy or embarrassed to speak: Barbara was tongue-tied in the presence of her parents
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither could really speak, being tongue-tied and breathless.
- Anonymous messaging and chat rooms let you flirt to your heart's content without any embarrassment or getting tongue-tied.
- He became tongue-tied, embarrassed, and never acted like himself.
2Having a malformation restricting the movement of the tongue.
- I was born tongue-tied in the most literal sense: the tissue connecting my tongue to the floor of my mouth was short and thick, limiting lingual movement.
- If you are medically tongue-tied, you shouldn't be able to touch the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth with your mouth open as wide as you can.