Definición de tongue-twister en inglés:
A sequence of words or sounds, typically of an alliterative kind, that are difficult to pronounce quickly and correctly, as for example Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet the advent of commercialism has created a series of games which sound more like tongue-twisters concocted by a five-year-old than occasions of genuine sporting grandeur.
- Hopefully, no unsuspecting schoolchild will be expected to read the report out loud as it is a hotbed of alliteration and tongue-twisters.
- It may be a tongue-twister for non-Dutch speakers to pronounce, but the food - simple, tasty and distinctively homemade - crosses all borders.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As I continued south past Jervis Bay, the road passed mile after mile of beaches and national parks, all with tongue-twisting Aboriginal names such as Wadbilliga, Murramarang, Eurobodalla and Coopracambra.
- Like Scotland too, it has its own tongue-twisting language, remains fervently nationalist and boasts a long line of home-grown heroes who fought for their independence against Roman, Saxon and Norman invaders.
- It's a contest where both the spellers and audience need an athlete's stamina to survive the 18 rounds of spelling words so mind-blowing and tongue-twisting that last year one contestant fainted.
Definición de tongue-twister en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda