Definición de tongue-twister en inglés:
A sequence of words or sounds, typically of an alliterative kind, that are difficult to pronounce quickly and correctly, as for example Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper.
- Yet the advent of commercialism has created a series of games which sound more like tongue-twisters concocted by a five-year-old than occasions of genuine sporting grandeur.
- Hopefully, no unsuspecting schoolchild will be expected to read the report out loud as it is a hotbed of alliteration and tongue-twisters.
- It may be a tongue-twister for non-Dutch speakers to pronounce, but the food - simple, tasty and distinctively homemade - crosses all borders.
- Example sentences
- As I continued south past Jervis Bay, the road passed mile after mile of beaches and national parks, all with tongue-twisting Aboriginal names such as Wadbilliga, Murramarang, Eurobodalla and Coopracambra.
- Like Scotland too, it has its own tongue-twisting language, remains fervently nationalist and boasts a long line of home-grown heroes who fought for their independence against Roman, Saxon and Norman invaders.
- It's a contest where both the spellers and audience need an athlete's stamina to survive the 18 rounds of spelling words so mind-blowing and tongue-twisting that last year one contestant fainted.
Definición de tongue-twister en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan