A flattened worm-like parasite which infests vertebrates, especially reptiles, having a sucking mouth with hooks for attachment to the lining of the respiratory tract.
- Subphylum Pentastomida, phylum Arthropoda; sometimes regarded as a class of crustacean
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In cephalobaenid tongue worms the nervous system consists of the brain which is connected to ganglia.
- Following copulation, the female tongue worm releases her eggs into the host's lungs.
- Our discovery recently of larval pentastomids in cockroaches in Singapore is therefore of unusual significance since it appears to be the first record of the finding of tongue worms in invertebrates.
Definición de tongue worm en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.