verbo (tonifies, tonifying, tonified)[with object]
1.1(Of acupuncture or herbal medicine) increase the available energy of (a bodily part or system).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Finally, legumes are an important source of valuable phytochemicals such as saponins, which tonify the immune system and inhibit the DNA synthesis of cancer cells.
- These foods are nutritionally dense and tonify all bodily tissues.
- A substance used in Chinese medicine that tonifies the blood and is of specific benefit to the nails is gelatin.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In many cases, the patients are instructed to continue herbal therapy at a much lower dose in pill form for long-term tonification.
- For some people who only need slight tonification, they can take the regular powdered dosage of 1-2 grams every third, fifth or seventh day.
- Eventually the constant mild nourishing tonification, combined with strict avoidance of coffee and alcohol, perhaps will begin to soften the hardened cells.
Definición de tonify en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.