Definición de tonk en inglés:
verbo[with object] informal
- He tonked the third ball he faced in international cricket into the stands over long-on, and followed that up with a bludgeoned straight drive that gave mid-off no chance.
- Now, however, the first day is actually strokemaking prime-time, with the ball coming nicely onto the bat, begging to be tonked for four.
- Next, Afridi swept one powerfully over midwicket, and later in the same tonked one over wide long-on.
1.1Defeat heavily; trounce: Villa were tonked by local rivals Birmingham City
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Last year they absolutely tonked us there, 6-2.
- Birmingham have gone and got tonked by Spurs and that shows you what football is all about at this level.
- After last year's debacle, when she was tonked by little known Jelena Dokic in the first round, the only way is up for Hingis at Wimbledon.
early 20th century: imitative of the sound of a powerful blow reaching its target.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan