Definición de tonk en inglés:
verbo[with object] informal
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He tonked the third ball he faced in international cricket into the stands over long-on, and followed that up with a bludgeoned straight drive that gave mid-off no chance.
- Now, however, the first day is actually strokemaking prime-time, with the ball coming nicely onto the bat, begging to be tonked for four.
- Next, Afridi swept one powerfully over midwicket, and later in the same tonked one over wide long-on.
1.1Defeat heavily; trounce: Villa were tonked by local rivals Birmingham City
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Last year they absolutely tonked us there, 6-2.
- Birmingham have gone and got tonked by Spurs and that shows you what football is all about at this level.
- After last year's debacle, when she was tonked by little known Jelena Dokic in the first round, the only way is up for Hingis at Wimbledon.
Early 20th century: imitative of the sound of a powerful blow reaching its target.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda