Definición de tonsil en inglés:
Either of two small masses of lymphoid tissue in the throat, one on each side of the root of the tongue.
- Oral cancers occur in the mouth and the back of the throat, the tonsil, tongue, lip and voice box.
- Sometimes surgery is needed to remove tonsils or extra tissue from the throat.
- The major parts of the system are the bone marrow, spleen, thymus gland, lymph nodes, and the tonsils.
- Example sentences
- There was cerebral edema with slight uncal and cerebellar tonsillar prominence without frank herniation.
- Clinically, the patient had an extensive ulcerating tonsillar tumour involving the right-sided soft palate, posterior buccal mucosa and posterior tongue base.
- Obesity, tonsillar hypertrophy, neuromuscular disease, and a craniopharyngeal anomaly are risk factors present during wakefulness but do not invariably produce obstructive sleep apnea.
Definición de tonsil en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan