An application of manure or fertilizer to the surface layer of soil or a lawn: he gave most of the plot another top dressing last month rake or hoe in a top dressing of fertilizer figurative he put a top dressing of grandeur on his career
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The compost can be used as mulch around plants, as a top dressing over your lawn which can fertilise the soil, or as a soil improver in vegetable or flower beds.
- Some sites were completely excavated and refilled with fresh compost and soil; others receive top dressing with 2 feet of compost.
- Then walk up and down the lawn pulling the device and smoothing out the mounds while top dressing the lawn at the same time.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finish pruning and top-dress fruit trees, shrubs and brambles with well-rotted manure or compost.
- Use the small marbles to top-dress your lawn, or mulch roses, vegetables or flower beds.
- Rake up the cores and top-dress with a fine mulch, such as compost.
Definición de top dressing en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda