Definición de top edge en inglés:
A shot hit into the air off the upper edge of a bat held sideways.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Six runs later he got a big top edge and was caught by Muchall.
- He went to sweep, got a top edge and was caught by Sanath at backward square leg.
- Stewart had taken 26 off 21 balls when he was caught behind off a top edge going for a pull, leaving 14 to win and nine balls to be bowled.
verboVolver al principio
(top-edge) [with object] Hit (the ball) off the upper edge of a bat held sideways; hit a ball delivered by (a bowler) in this way: he top-edged the ball straight up into the air for the bowler to complete the dismissal [no object]: he top-edged low to first slip
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In trying to up the tempo he then top-edged a short ball from at squareleg to be well caught for 52, and the Lions in trouble at 95 for 4 in after 27 overs.
- The frantic pace was maintained in England's second innings, and any thoughts of quiet consolidation disappeared in the first over when he top-edged a short ball from Drum into the deep.
- He tried to pull a short ball from Sami from outside off stump, top-edged it, and was caught by the bowler running towards midwicket.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda