Definición de top edge en inglés:
A shot hit into the air off the upper edge of a bat held sideways.
- Six runs later he got a big top edge and was caught by Muchall.
- He went to sweep, got a top edge and was caught by Sanath at backward square leg.
- Stewart had taken 26 off 21 balls when he was caught behind off a top edge going for a pull, leaving 14 to win and nine balls to be bowled.
verboVolver al principio
(top-edge) [with object] Hit (the ball) off the upper edge of a bat held sideways; hit a ball delivered by (a bowler) in this way: he top-edged the ball straight up into the air for the bowler to complete the dismissal [no object]: he top-edged low to first slip
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In trying to up the tempo he then top-edged a short ball from at squareleg to be well caught for 52, and the Lions in trouble at 95 for 4 in after 27 overs.
- The frantic pace was maintained in England's second innings, and any thoughts of quiet consolidation disappeared in the first over when he top-edged a short ball from Drum into the deep.
- He tried to pull a short ball from Sami from outside off stump, top-edged it, and was caught by the bowler running towards midwicket.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia