sustantivo (plural topis or topees)
- 1 short for sola topi.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Donaldson, wearing a topee, a black T-shirt and a pair of three quarter pants, together with Murray and James, stood calmly before John as she read the charges against them.
- Slightly apart stand a line of khaki-clad men, ancients with grizzled beards and yellow, rheumy eyes, dressed in tattered uniforms and battered solar topis.
- All his work in recruiting locals who still sport solar topees and spill their first G & T of the day in a loyal toast to the Queen Empress will unravel.
- 1.1Indian A hat or cap: her goal was to knit Masroor a woollen topi before the winter set inMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But what caught my attention was a roadside tailor stitching Gandhi topis which most of the gents wear here for playing Holi.
- Now, there are Banjara women begging, wizened old men in white dhotis and Gandhi topis turned a dirty brown, children who ask for alms with the clear diffidence of newcomers to the street.
- Kurtas, lachas, turbans, topis, and bags in bright colours stormed the ramp.
from Hindi ṭopī 'hat'.
sustantivo (plural igual or topis)
- A large African antelope related to the hartebeests, with a pattern of bold black patches on a reddish coat, and thick ridged horns.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Damaliscus lunatus, family Bovidae, in particular the race D. l. topi of East Africa. Compare with tsessebi
- Across the open grasslands are scattered various members of the antelope family - horned bushbucks, waterbucks, eland, topi, gazelle and impala.
- Add up all the lions, elephants, warthogs, giraffes, gazelles, zebras, impalas, topis and hyenas that live on these plains and they fail to outnumber the gnus.
- For the six grazing species with precocial young (wildebeest, topi, kongoni, warthog, buffalo, zebra), Fig 3. shows the frequency distribution of births.
late 19th century: from Mende.