verbo[with object] Linguistics
Cause (a subject, word, or phrase) to be the topic of a sentence or discourse, typically by placing it first.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is because the argument must first be topicalized before it can be dropped from the topic position, as can best be seen by the V2 requirement in German and Scandinavian languages.
- There would be little reason to doubt that there designates a specific location; the sentence could be analysed as a ‘topicalized’ version of The vase is THÉRE, on the table!
- Resultative predicates may be topicalized, modified, or given as an answer but particles may not be.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Discussion of topicalization and topic change should be as important in analysis of formal writing as the assignation of meaning to verb forms.
- But when the sentences undergo topicalization, the original M-contrast in reference vanishes.
- The interactional consequences of such topicalizations are much like those of topicalizing emotion.
Definición de topicalize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda