Definición de torchbearer en inglés:
1A person who carries a ceremonial torch.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The talented dancer will have the world's gaze on her when she becomes one of the torch-bearers carrying the Olympic flame through London.
- The Bulgarian itinerary for the Olympic Torch Relay will include 25 selected torch-bearers of all professional backgrounds, and ages varying from 14 to 80.
- There were little torch-bearers who declared the ‘mini Olympic’ open, there was a march past as part of the event and even cheerleaders.
1.1A person who leads or inspires others in working towards a valued goal: some of the original feminist torchbearers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A bright-eyed and smiling torch-bearer, she leads the only private, non-profit organisation devoted to on-site conservation of monuments and sites worldwide.
- Vedanta and KCM, being the good partners they have proved, should be torch-bearers in helping realise such a dream.
- The country to show that it has embraced democracy should be a torch-bearer in promoting dialogue.
Definición de torchbearer en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda