plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The art of making designs in relief or intaglio, especially by chasing, carving, and embossing in metal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A significant number of the monuments of Thracian toreutics have been found at burial sites.
- The Scythians rejected the Greek way of life, but their aristocracy frequently used jewelry and toreutics made by the Greeks especially for them and adapted to their taste.
- The monuments of the Thracian toreutics present the image of the king as a horseman.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It can convey the effect of plastic, glyptic, or toreutic (metalworking).
- This was the production of bronze vessels bearing beautiful decorations made in toreutic technique.
- They were made by toreutic craftsmen and displayed signs of different schools.
Mid 19th century: from Greek toreutikos, from toreuein 'to work in relief'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tor¦eut|ics
Definición de toreutics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda