- 1(In Mexican cookery) a thin, flat maize pancake, eaten hot or cold, typically with a savoury filling.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cornmeal is patted into a thin pancake called a tortilla.
- Later, Sahagún tells us, they feasted agreeably on ‘white tortillas, grains of maize, turkey eggs, turkeys, and all kinds of fruit’.
- The warm tortillas were thin and tender, crisp outside and yielding inside, with the rich sweetness of flour bound with salt and fat.
- 2(In Spanish cookery) an omelette.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among our tapas selections, the Spanish tortilla had none of the eggy allure this traditional potato omelet can exhibit.
- It is always served buffet style as a selection of culinary delights such as olives, fish or tortilla which the Spanish pick and choose from.
- The Spanish tortilla, La Tasca style, is an omelette of mashed potatoes and onion, mildly seasoned.
Spanish, diminutive of torta 'cake'.
Más definiciones de tortillaDefinición de tortilla en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.