- A Latin American dish of fried plantain, typically served with a dip.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even the food sold by street vendors, such as grilled meat or tostones (fried plantain patties), is delicious.
- Suckingly juicy shreds of beef picadillo are pressed into chewy, barely sweet plantain cups to form delicious tostones rellenos.
- An excellent speciality of the Spanish-speaking Caribbean is tostones, for which slices of slightly unripe plantain are gently fried, squashed flat, and fried further until crisp.
from Spanish tostón.
Más definiciones de tostonesDefinición de tostones en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.