sustantivo (plural tourneys)
- A tournament, especially a medieval joust.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the thunder of the hunt today we hear echoes of the joust, the tourney and the cavalry charge.
- Comb alternative weeklies for details on festivals and concerts; pick up regional sports publications for the latest on athletic clubs and events like kickball tourneys and 10K's.
- More than any other sporting event, the tourney serves as a life milestone - the same way certain smells or music always bring back memories of a time and a place or an awkward kiss with a graceful girl.
verbo (tourneys, tourneying, tourneyed)[no object] Volver al principio
- Take part in a medieval joust: French knights also tourneyed in EnglandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Wherefore, though his hair be grizzled and his face marked with serried lines, he departed not the passage of arms for straight love of tourneying.
Middle English: from Old French tornei (noun), torneier (verb), based on Latin tornus 'a turn'.
Más definiciones de tourneyDefinición de tourney en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.