(Especially in the UK) the elected governing body in a municipality.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Several other councillors said the town council should add its full backing to the festival.
- He had been a member of the US-backed town council and had eschewed incitements of violence.
- He had been elected onto the town council at the local elections in May last year.
town councillor sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As I have said before, there is no alliance between the Liberal Democrats and me as an Independent Otley town councillor.
- Susan was recently nominated to be a prospective Conservative town councillor, on top of her work with the parish council.
- My grandad served as a Labour town councillor between governments.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: town coun|cil
Definición de town council en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda