- A synthetic amber waxy solid with an odour of chlorine and camphor, used as an insecticide. It is a chlorinated terpene.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It would appear that farmed salmon contains many times the tolerable levels of toxins such as PCBs, dioxins, toxaphene, dieldrin and DDT.
- Organochlorine contaminants, including toxaphene, chlordane and metabolites, HCHs, HCB, dieldrin, and PCBs, were found in the opossum shrimp, Mysis relicta, from the great lakes.
- Those include DDT, dieldrin, toxaphene, heptachlor, and alpha-chlordane.
1940s: from toxin + (cam)phene, a related terpene.
Más definiciones de toxapheneDefinición de toxaphene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.