- A chemically modified toxin from a pathogenic microorganism, which is no longer toxic but is still antigenic and can be used as a vaccine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No evidence shows an increased risk from vaccinating pregnant women with inactivated virus or bacterial vaccines or toxoids.
- One part of the schedule lists immunizations indicated by age, particularly influenza, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine.
- Active immunization by vaccination with tetanus toxoid (an inactivated form of the toxin) is now usual in childhood, along with diphtheria and whooping cough vaccines.
Más definiciones de toxoidDefinición de toxoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.