Definición de toxophilite en inglés:
- However, a more technical term for an archer is a a toxophilite, which is someone who is devoted to or is a lover of archery.
- One thing is for sure they are not toxophilites.
- A person practicing archery is called an archer, and one who is fond of or an expert at archery is sometimes called a toxophilite.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1toxophily sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- After the ceremony of sacrificing, sports activity such as toxophily, horse race, and wrestling will be held.
- Nine skills, toxophily, stone bumping, jumping, walking, swimming, rassling, talking, writing and calculating were popular for men to practice at that time.
- A member of the Tibetan equestrian sport team performs toxophily at the Shoton Festival in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region on August 14, 2007.
Late 18th century: from Toxophilus (a name invented by Roger Ascham, used as the title of his treatise on archery (1545), from Greek toxon 'bow' + -philos 'loving') + -ite1.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.