- The surgical severing of nerve tracts especially in the medulla of the brain, typically to relieve intractable pain or mental illness, or in research: surgical tractotomy on the human spinal cord [count noun]: a tractotomy was performedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They noted that facial pain and itch sensations are both abolished by trigeminal medullary tractotomy.
- A study of cognitive function in 23 patients undergoing subcaudate tractotomy found significant impairment of cognitive function 2 weeks post-op which had largely resolved after six months.
- It seems that the complications associated with pulmonary tractotomies are considerably high, but the mortality of anatomic resections is prohibitive.
Más definiciones de tractotomyDefinición de tractotomy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.