- 1Vehicles moving on a public highway: a stream of heavy trafficMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On that night we had reports across the city of burglaries, car crime, public order incidents, domestic violence, road traffic accidents.
- The bill will also restrict the powers of telecommunications companies to disrupt traffic flow by opening roads for cable laying.
- The usual emergencies such as fires or road traffic accidents will not elicit a response from these vehicles, even with the crews and fire engines on station.
- 1.1The movement of ships, trains, aircraft, or pedestrians: Europe’s air trafficMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He also stated that the lane was inadequate width, thus preventing two-way vehicular traffic and pedestrian movement.
- Any major disruption to shipping and air traffic can and will leave us without a supply of food.
- There is no central verge, though pedestrian and vehicular traffic are heavy especially during evenings.
- 1.2The transportation of goods or passengers: the increased use of railways for goods trafficMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They also agreed to encourage an increase in railway passenger traffic between Sofia and Thessaloniki.
- After the First World War, passenger numbers declined, as road transport improved but freight traffic remained buoyant.
- He gave evidence of the transfer of passenger and mail traffic to the railway route through Liverpool.
- 2The messages or signals transmitted through a communications system: data traffic between remote workstationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This technology transmits broadband traffic over medium voltage power lines.
- They also showed that on-board systems ignored the Bluetooth traffic generated by an infected mobile phone.
- A network is operated such that message forwarding traffic is shared among routers in a load-sharing set.
- 3The action of dealing or trading in something illegal: the traffic in stolen cattleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Drug-dealers earn nigh-on incredible sums from the illegal traffic in drugs.
- The traffic in illegal drugs is a global problem, and money-laundering schemes take many forms.
- And those pressures create a lucrative traffic in illegal workers, filling the war chests of criminals.
verbo (traffics, trafficking, trafficked)[no object] Volver al principio
- Deal or trade in something illegal: the government will vigorously pursue individuals who traffic in drugsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thailand is a major market for drugs trafficked from neighboring countries, most notably Myanmar.
- He catches animals and birds, he traffics in legal and illegal products.
- And finally, no group trafficked in more illicit liquor than the bootleggers.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When it comes to ways of tackling the drug problem, most Irish people say the answer is to get tougher on dealers and traffickers.
- The market for human traffickers who buy, cheat or kidnap women and children to work in the booming flesh trade is thriving.
- We sit here and wax lyrical about drug dealers, drug traffickers, and how they finance terrorism.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then he turns and points to the road heading straight on, the almost trafficless road heading towards some blue distant hills.
- I'm thinking the deep inland high deserts and a nice crumbling trafficless farm road are the way to go
- Based on a startling true story, the show takes us down the trafficless roads and on to the unspoilt paradise beaches of a tiny isolated island in the Bahamas.
early 16th century (denoting commercial transportation of merchandise or passengers): from French traffique, Spanish tráfico, or Italian traffico, of unknown origin. Sense 1 dates from the early 19th century.