- 1An actor who specializes in tragic roles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It reminded us that some of the zaniest players can play tragedy better than tragedians.
- Rather, an actor will develop a specialty within a line, perhaps serving only as a lead tragedian, never doing comedy, or narrowing his eccentric business to specialize in Irish or Jewish roles.
- He retired from the stage in 1817 with a final performance as Coriolanus, widely respected as a great tragedian and as Garrick's successor in the promotion and playing of Shakespeare.
- 1.1A writer of tragedies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How could Milton the classicist, the tragedian, the epic writer, reject Plato, the Greek tragedians, and Homer himself?
- Not even the greatest of ancient tragedians could have written the script, most commentators agreed.
- Born around 524 or 525 B.C. in the city of Eleusis near Athens, the Greek dramatist Aeschylus is known as the first great tragedian.
late Middle English (denoting a writer of tragedies): from Old French tragediane, from tragedie (see tragedy).
Más definiciones de tragedianDefinición de tragedian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.