- Everyone at the school is extremely shaken and saddened by the tragic accident.
- It was a tragic accident, but accidents happen in demolition all the time.
- Three more people died on local roads in the past week in two tragic accidents
- The agony goes on for the parents of the tragic four-year-old as doctors remain baffled as to how he died.
- The tragic lives of parents are never a reason to repeat the tragedy upon their children.
- The parents of tragic Robbie are celebrating the birth of a baby daughter.
- Oh, but the 1980s were tragic, weren't they?
- The last film I watched: this is tragic - embarrassing - I didn't mean to but I actually got hooked up in the movie channel yesterday daytime.
- I don't like sport, but partaking in an empty bout of national whooping and cheering simply for the sake of it would be utterly tragic.
- The Play of King Lear is a great tragic play that many tragedies try to compare to.
- Then again, it's a theme of war films to make tragedies all the more tragic, isn't it?
- He was the icon in an era of icons, but like Shakespeare's tragic heroes his fatal flaws cut short a certain glittering career.
sustantivoAustralian /NZ informal
- Let's face it, we're a nation of quiz show tragics.
- This is how seriously many football tragics take the game here in Melbourne.
- For those of us who are political tragics, the smell of battle is in the air.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Chapter Six, Johnny meets Belladonna and loses her again, in tragical circumstances.
- One of the things which I've learned from it all, from this - it's amazing how some - such a tragical experience can bring so much love and so much - can teach you so much.
- In this sense, Shylock is a tragical figure instead of a comical one, because he has to make a difficult decision, either result of which will hurt himself.
Mid 16th century: from French tragique, via Latin from Greek tragikos, from tragos 'goat', but associated with tragōidia (see tragedy).
Palabras que riman con tragicbathypelagic, magic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tra¦gic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.